Well, it sure doesn’t take much to knock me off the blog wagon. An out-of-town visitor, my first Thanksgiving with turkey duties, and embarking on a full-on job search have been occupying my time for the last week and a half, and as I’m still focusing the majority of my energy on obtaining gainful employment, this will be a cop-out post of sorts. But only of sorts, because hey, look at all the cool things to do in OKC this weekend!
- The Oklahoma City Train Show is at the state fairgrounds on Saturday and Sunday. Check out their website for times and admission.
- Movies at the OKC Museum of Art is an ongoing event. This weekends films look particularly interesting if you’re a music lover: Searching for Sugar Man, Friday & Saturday at 5:30 and Big Easy Express, Friday & Saturday at 8–both part of the Real Music Weekend theme.
- Tomorrow is the last day to register for Little Willie’s Triple Dog Dare on Saturday, and apparently you can even sign up as a relay team!
- The Society is holding a screening of Eames: The Architect and the Painter on Friday at 8 pm.
- The Mesta Park Holiday Home Tour is being held Saturday 4-8p and Sunday 1-5p.
- Then of course, there are all of the Downtown in December events, including free water taxi rides (Thurs – Sun evenings), snow tubing on Saturdays and Sundays at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, and the Devon Ice Rink (open 7 days a week).
Of course, this is by no means a comprehensive list–just a sampling of events that caught my eye. By the way, in case you hadn’t noticed, downtown is all decked out for the holidays, as evidenced by this gigantic Christmas ornament:
Pretty darn festive, huh?